Download the definitive programme of the final event of CROSS-FIELD
The PhD Workshop “Perspective on the future of learning” is organized by CROSS-FIELD doctoral program for PhD candidates internationally. Its aim is to attract outstanding junior researchers working on the issue of how ICT can support an enhance learning in formal and informal contexts. All accepted participants will be able to present their research: globally renowned scholars will contribute to the discussion, providing PhD candidates with invaluable insights, perspectives, and recent developments on the topic.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Stewart Marshall, University of the West Indies Open Campus (Barbados)
- Francesc Pedró, UNESCO Education Sector (France)
- Erkki Sutinen, University of Eastern Finland (Finland)
- Further keynotes will be announced.
The event will provide:
- PhD presentations, where PhD candidates will present their research and receive structured feedback
- Panel discussions, with keynote speakers about the future of ICT supported learning, especially in developing and emerging countries.
Call for participation
Interested PhD candidates can apply by sending: a CV, a motivation letter and an abstract of their PhD project (with a maximum length of one page). No fee is charged but participants have to cover travel and accommodation costs.
A few scholarships are made available, to cover accommodation costs and part of travel costs.
Applications must be sent to dr. Silvia De Ascaniis, executive director of CROSS-FIELD: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship applications close: June 15th 2015
All applications close: July 15h 2015
Acceptance: July 31th 2015
Registration: August 1st – August 15th 2015
Workshop: September 17th – 18th 2015
Lorenzo Cantoni, USI
Dieter Euler, UniSG
Pierre Dillenbourgh, EPFL
Silvia De Ascaniis, USI
Emanuele Mele, USI
Pilgrims in the digital age. Towards a map of the overlapping area among eTourism, eReligion, eLearning
Do not miss the panel discussion organized by the U...